How I Made My Vlog Bag - Hayley's Blogger

Friday, 12 June 2015

How I Made My Vlog Bag

Hi Bunnies!

I really enjoy making bags and clothes from recycled materials to make them into something new.

When i was shopping in Nottingham, i saw a tote bag in Accessorize which i absolutely loved but i didn't want to pay the price for it. A brain wave hit me and i thought "i could make this myself!"

Here is the bag :-
I demonstrated in my latest weekly vlog (watch below if you haven't seen it) how i made my vlog bag. However, i wanted to write it in a blog post as it's good for me to look back on and hopefully it will inspire you to make and create.
                                      
My creative skills involve free hand embroidery, a good eye for colour and photography.
(Thanks fashion design qualification!)
I rummaged around in my sewing box and i found a unused plain cotton tote bag and a baby grow (which was brought from a charity shop and it was 95p. I love the camera print!)
I cut away all of the pattern in the baby grow that i could use and sketched my camera design in pencil ready to paint.
Ready to stitch
I like these paints because you can
fix it with heat :)
Ta da:)
After i painted and stitched the fabric pieces onto the bag, it was time to attach the sequin sparkly trim which was at the bottom of my sewing bag. (I knew it would be useful one day!)
To make the font different from the original Accessorize bag, i decided to stitch the word "vlog" instead of "smile".
I used a darning foot for my Bernina 1008 sewing machine which allows you to draw with stitch (it's pretty cool!).

It's great when you make something completely unique and it cost nothing. Here is my Instagram picture of my final product :)

Let me know in the comments what you think of my bag.

Bunny Hugs,

Hayley

xxx

1 comment:

  1. Wow, u have a big talent!
    http://askpolish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete