Wednesday, 7 October 2015

My Primary School Memory Book

Hi Bunnies.

Recently i have been up into my loft (or the attic if you're from the US) and i stumbled across my Primary school memory book. It's called "The Record Of Achievement".

Did you have a book like this when you were at primary/elementary school? Let me know in the comments below. 
This book records every year i was at Primary School (ages 5-11) and we had special assignments to do just for this book. I feel that this is a fantastic idea and a great way to look back how how far you've progressed with drawing, hand writing and spelling ability.
My portrait aged 5.
We all had to fill out 3 work sheets every year. I loved the first sheet the best because that was the drawing one and the instructions were "draw a portrait of yourself" "draw your best friend" or "draw your teacher".  The second sheet was the mood sheet "How do you feel about...?" with emotions to colour in next to subjects such as maths, english, art and drama.  The creative subjects always received a big smile from me but unfortunately maths or science didn't (probably because it didn't interest me much at all as i would much rather be colouring in!).
Finally the third sheet was questions such as "when is your bed time?" "what do you want to be when you grow up?". I still find this book entertaining to look back on and to relive my childhood days and this is exactly why i decided to make a YouTube video, because everybody has been to Primary school at some point in their life.

It's amazing when you're a child how much more open minded you are to everything around you. For example when i spoke about my ambitions in my book each year about what job i wanted to do when i was older. I wrote (with out thinking) a pottery maker, teacher, piano player and art teacher because when you're a child your not focused on the journey of obtaining that job or perhaps the work which you have put into to get to that particular ambition goal. The focus is more light hearted and optimistic "Hey this would be cool and fun! let's try this".
I'm left handed and throughout Primary School i will admit that i struggled with the hand writing process. When i was in reception year (age 5) i had this phrase of writing backwards and until this very day i can still do it now (very easily!). But the question is :- can i use this skill in everyday life or to contribute to society in anyway? the answer is probably not. Haha

I'll perhaps talk more about more of my weird hand writing phrases (yes there is more than 1!) in the next video that i make which looks more into my Primary School book.

But only if you enjoy the first video - so get those thumbs well and truly up.



Bunny Hugs,

Hayley

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment