Saturday, 24 December 2016

Waitrose Hydration Range - Shea Butter Allergy

Hi everyone

I decided to go cruelty-free with my beauty products in April this year and I have been researching and finding alternatives which I can use. I love sharing with you, my best buys and bargains.

Waitrose own brand of skincare products are cruelty-free, vegan and leaping bunny logo certified and this makes me incredibly happy.

I had been wanting to try and review the Waitrose Pure Hydration range for a long time. The Hydration range says it's suitable for sensitive skin and fragrance-free which is what I require for my skin.
Last night I applied the Hydration Face Mask (£2) all over my face and within minutes my face felt like it was burning.
I washed the facemask immediately off and my face was bright red. I was in shock that I was having an allergic reaction to a product which was supposed to be for sensitive skin. 
The main ingredient used in the Hydration range is Shea Butter.

I have identitfied this as one of my allergy triggers and i will be avoiding these products from now on.

After researching and googling about Shea butter I found that some Shea butter formulas contains a natural latex.  I am aware of my allergy to latex as I had a patch test in 2009 but i didn't know that it could be in Shea butter.

I have used Shea butter products before and my skin has been fine. I think this is a case of it being a bad batch.

Waitrose have another range of skincare products which is called "Pure" which is in the blue packaging. This does not contain shea butter. 

I popped into my local Waitrose this afternoon to return the items.  I got an apology and a full cash refund.

Bunny Hugs,

Hayley

xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hi my name is Hayley. I'm from Nottingham in the UK.I like to write and share my thoughts in this blog about my adventures, cruelty free beauty products and art projects. I also have a YouTube channel which i upload regular content onto :)