Why I'm Not Making Any New Years Resolutions For 2017

Tuesday 27 December 2016

Because of the enormous amount of....
PRESSURE
I put a large amount of pressure on myself every year to achieve the goals which I have for the next year. I am  hard on myself if I don't achieve them. It's that time of year when the online community are starting to share New Years resolution blogs, videos or posts on social media.

This gives yourself pressure. I think that you should do what makes you happy as long as your not hurting anyone. Concentrate on your own needs and goals at your own pace.

I'm motivated to start now and here are a few things which I am doing as from today.

Be more active on social media

I started my YouTube channel and blog in 2014 with the idea of making new friends and meeting like-minded people. Rather than just reading and absorbing information by scrolling through my Twitter newsfeed, Facebook or YouTube. This New Year, I will be commenting, tweeting and replying to fellow creators and inspirers with the hope of attracting more friends and subscribers.

Believing in myself 

My YouTube channel and blog has helped me realise my self-worth and that I have many talents and skills to offer. I am grateful to have been given a voice and tools to communicate with. I believe that no matter how big or small my videos or blog posts are, they are essential to my well being and creativity. If my online presence makes you smile or inspires you - that's just a bonus :)

Letting go 

Accepting my perfectionism traits. I don't have a fancy camera, lights or even a clue how to start my videos most of the time. My camera is currently on its last legs (broken shutter, the black spot which is unremovable and which i call the black dotted demon). I realise that the best way to let go is to concerntrate on my progression instead. The lessons that i learn in life i will grow from.

Loving myself

Because nobody knows you better than you know yourself. You are the key to your own happiness.

Bunny Hugs,

Hayley

xxx

Post a Comment