My Struggles With Growing A YouTube Channel

Thursday 9 February 2017

Hi everyone.
I wanted to share my struggles with growing a YouTube channel. Becoming an online presence is not easy. I think it's one of the most difficult things that I've ever worked towards and 3 years later I would rather still be true to myself because it means never hiding how I truly feel.

So here are my struggles with growing a YouTube channel so far...

Lack Of Feedback
I make videos purely for my own enjoyment and creativity. However, i would like to make this a part of my job one day. So for my goal to be fulfilled I need feedback for my progression and growth. When you have a small channel i feel like this more difficult to obtain due to lack of interaction.

The Appeal
The appeal of becoming a YouTuber looks easy but the reality of growing a YouTube channel or blog is hard work. I work a little bit every day on my blog and channel for it to keep growing. I feel as though i am a sculptor who has a tiny chisel which chips away at a rock. Sometimes i feel proud of my progression and i can see the result of my work or i feel like i'm getting nowhere.
I've learnt to use other peoples success and stories to inspire me to keep going.

Exhaustion
Internet entertainment is available 24/7 and I feel I have burnt myself out with exhaustion by not stopping to take a break. I said on the #bloghour chat on Twitter 2 days ago that I have to limit myself what content i put out onto the internet.

A4. I work on my blog/youtube channel for at least 1/2 hours everyday. I limit myself otherwise, i would burn myself out. #bloghour
— Hayley (@Bunnymoonstone) February 7, 2017

What helps me to feel better and regain energy is by interacting with YouTube/Blogging community. I have started to interact within more discussions on Twitter during the evenings. There are so many people out there who feel exactly like i do and it provides me with comfort.

Let me know in the comments below your struggles with growing a YouTube channel or blog.

Bunny Hugs,

Hayley
xxx

2 comments

  1. I feel so similar!! I so so hard to get noticed but keep working hard and who knows what could happen.
    Josh
    Modern Day Geek

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes exactly 😊 I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. That's why I thought I would share it.

      Delete