Thursday, 9 February 2017

My Struggles With Growing A YouTube Channel

Hi everyone.

I wanted to share my struggles with growing a YouTube channel. Becoming an online presence is not easy. I think it's one of the most difficult things that I've ever worked towards and 3 years later I would rather still be true to myself because it means never hiding how I truly feel.

So here are my struggles with growing a YouTube channel so far...

Lack Of Feedback
I make videos purely for my own enjoyment and creativity. However, i would like to make this a part of my job one day. So for my goal to be fulfilled I need feedback for my progression and growth. When you have a small channel i feel like this more difficult to obtain due to lack of interaction.

The Appeal
The appeal of becoming a YouTuber looks easy but the reality of growing a YouTube channel or blog is hard work. I work a little bit every day on my blog and channel for it to keep growing. I feel as though i am a sculptor who has a tiny chisel which chips away at a rock. Sometimes i feel proud of my progression and i can see the result of my work or i feel like i'm getting nowhere.

I've learnt to use other peoples success and stories to inspire me to keep going.

Exhaustion
Internet entertainment is available 24/7 and I feel I have burnt myself out with exhaustion by not stopping to take a break. I said on the #bloghour chat on Twitter 2 days ago that I have to limit myself what content i put out onto the internet.

A4. I work on my blog/youtube channel for at least 1/2 hours everyday. I limit myself otherwise, i would burn myself out. #bloghour
— Hayley (@Bunnymoonstone) February 7, 2017

What helps me to feel better and regain energy is by interacting with YouTube/Blogging community. I have started to interact within more discussions on Twitter during the evenings. There are so many people out there who feel exactly like i do and it provides me with comfort.

Let me know in the comments below your struggles with growing a YouTube channel or blog.

Bunny Hugs,

Hayley
xxx

2 comments:

  1. I feel so similar!! I so so hard to get noticed but keep working hard and who knows what could happen.
    Josh
    Modern Day Geek

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes exactly 😊 I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. That's why I thought I would share it.

      Delete

About Me

My photo
Hi my name is Hayley. I'm from Nottingham in the UK.I like to write and share my thoughts in this blog about my adventures, cruelty free beauty products and art projects. I also have a YouTube channel which i upload regular content onto :)