What I've Learnt So Far About Being Highly Sensitive

Thursday 23 March 2017

Stop Apologising For Who You Are
I used to apologise to everyone for just being myself. This was because I absorbed peoples emotions and judgements towards me. I didn't want to feel the negativity energy so I would apologise to try and dim the overwhelming feelings which I had. I've come to realise that you can't be everyone's cup of tea and that's OK. I've also stopped apologising for who I am and to only apologise when i have done something stupid, ignorant or insensitive.
You Are Needed In This World
I think that the world needs more positive, sensitive and empathic people to help us all to connect with eachother and to make the world a better place. I've realised by sharing my feelings that someone might watch my videos or read my blog and say "OMG, I can totally relate to that!” and then that creates a connection.
Put Your Needs First
Highly sensitive people often struggle with putting their own needs first as it doesn't come naturally to them. Self-care is essential in order for them to function. We are excellent great listeners and counsellors but the only problem with that is that if we surround ourselves with the wrong people then we are often dumped on with problems and issues. Creating healthy boundaries is important. Making a conscious choice and practising saying "no" with love.
Express Yourself
Highly sensitive people have a high degree of creativity and imagination. When I was little (and even now) i loved anything creative. Playing with playdough, fuzzy felts, drawing and painting.
My educational background is all art subjects. I studied Art, Textiles, Drama and Graphics for GCSE. Art and Photography A level, Foundation Diploma In Art and Design. I graduated in 2012 with an HND degree in Fashion Design and I now blog and make YouTube videos.
Give Up Perfectionism
Perfectionism is a way of thinking which makes someone thinks that their life should be perfect. My perfectionism traits have really hurt me and have stopped me from doing things in life. I find the  way to work around this is by changing the perception of myself and to focus on the progression that i am making in life rather than the perfection.
In the "What I Don't Understand" video I spoke about perfection traits when it comes to filming sit down videos.
Let me know in the comments below if any of what i have said has resonated with you. What have you learnt so far from being a HSP (highly sensitive person)?
Bunny Hugs,
Hayley
xxx

1 comment

  1. I'm afraid of heights also Hayley! But I must have my coffee in the mornings,lol!

    ReplyDelete