The Botanist Opens In Nottingham

Wednesday 4 October 2017


Last night I was invited by TANK PR to attend The Botanist VIP opening evening. The Botanist which was previously the Fire and Ice bar has transformed into a secret botanical garden of delicious food and drink. 
I asked my friend and fellow blogger Gemma (TheGemAgenda) to attend as my plus one. We booked our table for 6:30 pm. I was warmly welcomed by Helen (from TANK PR) and The Botanist staff. I was shown to my table by the friendly waiter who served my table for the duration of the evening  and I was instantly offered a drink and water for my table.I love when restaurants offer water and I think it should be mandatory at all restaurants.
My first impression of The Botanist is that it's a beautiful restaurant with its quirky antiques and trinkets. I couldn't wait to take photographs for my blog and documented the evening on my Instagram story.
I was impressed with the wide range of 45 cocktails (mostly with a plant-based twist), spirit and beer menus. My first cocktail of the evening was a Raspberry Mojito and it was delicious.  I don't know how the staff juggle making lots of cocktails at once. I definitely couldn't keep up with the pressure.
Gemma joined me shortly after I arrived and we dived straight into the food menu and decided what to order. The food menu has lovely home comforts such as scampi and chips, BBQ Pulled Pork Burgers, Deli boards and The Botanist’s famous hanging kebabs.
Jay (@Jayleeallsopp) and Jessica (@Anounceofgrace) joined our table (the more blogger friends the better I say!) and we all chose different starters. I had sweet potato fries which were very tasty (soft on the inside and crispy on the outside). We tucked in and enjoyed listening to the live music. The music was at the right volume as I was able to interact with my friends and hear everything they were saying. I hate not being able to communicate properly in a venue.
After our starters, we moved onto mains. I decided to go for the Chargrilled Chicken Burger with added bacon. All burgers come with fries. This was served in a cute wooden tray and I thought it was a nice idea as for when I eat burgers it can be a messy (but tasty) experience. The burger was nice and filling.
I sampled two more cocktails (which I would highly recommend for you to try). The first was the "The Botanist" which is a mixture of rum, vodka and elderflower syrup. 
The second was the Apple and Peach plant cocktail. A cocktail served with dry ice and when it fogs over your table, it's mesmerising to watch and makes a lovely Instagram boomerang. 
Then for pudding, I had the baked chocolate chip cookie dough with vanilla icecream. It came in a little cast iron pan. It was very sweet, gooey and delicious. I have a sweet tooth but even I couldn't finish it all.
What I would say overall is that the interior and exterior at The Botanist is beautiful. The longer that you stay then the more quirks that you notice. I had a lovely meal and cocktails. The staff was hardworking and friendly. The Botanist is a quirky and different dining experience which makes it well worth another visit. I'd love to return again soon.
Thank you for inviting me @TankPR and @TheBotanistUK. I had a enjoyable evening.

Follow The Botanist on Twitter and Instagram. Check out their website at http://thebotanist.uk.com

If you would like to experience this for yourself and continue the journey. The Botanist opens to the public on the 9th October.

The Botanist West Bridgford venue is at
40 Bridgford Rd
West Bridgford
Nottingham
NG2 6AP

A botanical world awaits!

Bunny Hugs,


Hayley


xxx

2 comments

  1. After seeing everyone's stories from that night I am desperate to go! So nice about the interior being quirky too - definitely going to have to work out when we can find someone to look after the dogs for the night and come over.
    Rachael | Helpless Whilst Drying

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's well worth a visit Rachael :) it's a beautiful venue. Let me know what you think when you visit

      Delete