2017

Tuesday 26 December 2017

My new year's resolutions for 2017 was to network and make friends, to be more active on social media and mix up my content on my YouTube channel. I made a video in 2016 reflecting on my hopes and wishes for 2017.
Watch below
I'm pleased to say that at the end of this year. I've succeeded at all of these goals that I wanted to achieve. It's exceeded way past my expectations. 
In this blog post, I just wanted to reflect on this year and what I've learnt. 
At the beginning of the year, I found myself in a comfort zone of solitude. This was because a few connections in my life which I once had slowly started to fade. It's natural to outgrow certain people and I had noticed the disconnection the more I was going in my own direction of working on my passion which is YouTube and blogging. 
I've come to the realisation that my life purpose is different to everyone else. The people who love me will support me if I'm happy.
As soon as the clock struck midnight on 1st January I decided that it was time to say goodbye to the old connections and say hello to the new. I decided to join an activities group to help me meet new people. This is a group of people who meet monthly to make friends and do activities together such as drinks, cinema, photography and walks. I've met people who are all ages and from all walks of life. I went to my first meet up at the end of January just before my 29th birthday and I haven't looked back since. 12 months later I'm an event organiser.  This shows how much can change in one year. 
In 2017 I have been invited to some pretty cool blogger and PR events. This has introduced me to some lovely local bloggers and YouTubers. It was a goal of mine at the end of 2016 to meet people with the same passion for creating content as I do. When you are surrounded by people who understand it helps a lot.
When I started my blog and YouTube channel I had no invitations to any blogger events for about 2 years. However, over this past year invitations have slowly started appearing in my email inbox. I'm so grateful for the opportunities that I've received. I love providing interesting and cool content to share with you. I joyfully look forward to creating more in 2018. 
I celebrated BunnyMoonstone's 3rd birthday on the 4th July (click here to view the blog with my personal top 5 videos). 
My audience has steadily grown and I was thrilled to hit 400 subscribers by the end of July. It's disheartening growing a YouTube channel at times but at Prezzybox's Jingle Mingle event at the end of 2017 reminded me that slow and steady wins the race. I was able to look at my platform with fresh eyes and come up with a plan of action to drive what I have forwards in 2018.
A huge turning point for my YouTube channel was in February as an mobile app called Snizl invited bloggers to a tour of 4 hidden gems around the city. The reason why it was a turning point because it was different to any other video that I had filmed before. I was amongst a large group of people who I didn't know well at the time. I was visiting different places and trying to absorb all of the information. I had a lot of fun with vlogging the event and it made me film so many more the rest of the year. It helped me grow it confidence.
In May I completed VEDM (which is filming a video every day in May) and I was happy with myself for having a try at being a daily YouTuber. However after a couple of months and re-evaluating my content I decided to keep my personal favourite VEDM videos and delete the rest. This is because I want my content to be focused on quality rather than quantity. 
I wanted to acknowledge VEDM in this blog and in my 2017 video because it was a massive learning experience. I think it's helped me to become a better creator.
2017 has been a year of reconnecting with old friends and making new ones, practising self-love and pouring love and hard work into my content.
What's been your favourite video or blog post? let me know in the comments below.
My new year's resolutions for 2018 is to keep mixing up my content, collaborate with other YouTubers and bloggers (so please get in touch if you would like to do this with me).
I'd also like to upload more fashion and body positive posts on my Instagram.
So now it's time to shut the door on 2017 and I've made a little video reflecting on the year. 
I hope that you have enjoyed spending time with me as I have with you. 
Watch below.
It's going to be a big year in 2018 as I'm turning 30. Eeeeek!
HAPPY NEW YEAR
Bunny Hugs,
Hayley
xx

Post a Comment