Roxy Ballroom Opens In Nottingham

Monday 16 October 2017

I was invited on the 12th October at 6:00 pm to the opening of Roxy Ballroom before it opens to the public on the 13th October. Roxy Ballroom is located above MOJO which opened back in July. I was invited to their launch party. Watch the vlog below.
I can only describe Roxy Ball Room as a colourful UV lit graffiti grotto of Nottingham's famous landmarks mixed with American 50s style dining. If you appreciate street art like I do then I would recommend that you check this venue out and take your camera with you to capture funky snaps of the graffiti.
I was warmly welcomed by the PR team and handed a glass of prosecco with 3 drinks tokens to use at the bar for the evening.
As I looked around I noticed that there are plenty of gaming tables and enough space for players to play.
Everyone who was invited had access to free beer pong, table tennis, and pool all night. Me and Jessica (@AnounceOfGrace) had a little game of ping-pong which was fun. Waitresses came around the venue serving pizza slices, quarters of burgers and garlic dough balls. Yum :)
Roxy ballroom has a good vibe as it's laidback and easy going. I loved the music as it's my taste. Greenday, Fallout boy, Blink182, Offspring and lots more. It's a social activity bar so there is no wi-fi so it encourages you to put your phone away and enjoy time with friends, family or a date.

I didn't like this at first because my phone contract doesn't allow me to use data. I personally like having wi-fi at venues as I can share my experiences live with my followers on my Instagram story or Twitter. I saved every photograph, boomerang and short video and uploaded them when I got home. I was glad of this in the end because it meant that I could socialize more with bloggers and take in the surroundings more.
I sampled 2 cocktails of the evening from the menu which was a Pingstar Martini (which is a passionfruit martini). I really liked the fruity taste and it went down smoothly.  I also tried a Ballzee Move cocktail which is Roxy's version of a strawberry daiquiri. Delicious!
My favourite part of the evening was the photobooth (just outside the front doors of Roxy Ballroom). Me, Jay, Jessica and Rhiannon all crammed in with our cocktails and took lots of photos. I like collecting memories and not things.
Watch the vlog below.
Thank you for a great launch night Roxy Ballroom.

Find Roxy Ballroom at
First Floor
10 Thurland Street
Nottingham
NG1 3DR

Check out their social media
Twitter
Instagram

Bunny Hugs,

Hayley

xxx

Post a Comment