Retro Gaming Night At Geek Retreat

Sunday 12 January 2020

Hi everyone!
On the evening of Friday 10th January. I went to a Retro gaming event that my friend James from ItsMuchMore hosted at Geek Retreat Nottingham for one night only. I hope there are plenty more events to come. Follow me on Twitter and I'll update you to let you know of any gaming events in the future .
The consoles avaliable to play were the Sega Dreamcast, Sega Mega Drive Mini, Super Nintendo Classic Mini, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Game Cube, Sony PlayStation, Sony PlayStation 2 and Atari Flashback 8 HD Gold. All of the consoles had a wide variety of games to play.
I love how games can bring people together because everyone at the event happily chatted to eachother and reminisced about their favourite games and consoles. I met one elderly gentleman who had never played on a console before in his entire life. He was thrilled that he got to learn how to play virtual tennis on the Play Station 2. It was very sweet.
Games are for all ages and it just goes to show that no matter what age you are, you can still have a go and learn something new.
Geek Retreat Nottingham is located just inside of Flying Horse Walk on St Peters Gate.
The entrance is on the first floor and to get into the venue (on the second floor) you can either take the stairs or an elevator (which is great for wheelchair/pram accessiblity).
I was impressed with the wide variety of board games on offer (which are to free to play) with plenty of tables and chairs avaliable. They also have a cafe which you can order food and drink from. My favourite console and game to play on the night was the Sega Mega Drive Mini and Sonic The Hedgehog. What a classic! I'd recommend that you come and visit. Click here to be redirected to Geek Retreat's website to find out more information.
What are your favourite consoles and games to play? What are your nostalgic memories when it comes to gaming? Let me know in the comments below. I filmed the event for my YouTube channel. You can watch it below :)
Bunny Hugs,
Hayley 
Xx

Post a Comment