5 Inexpensive Ways To Look After Your Teeth

Monday 6 July 2020

Hi everyone! 
During the corona virus pandemic the UK lock down has meant unfortunately that dentists have been closed for the past couple of months and now they are easing restrictions will be opening up for emergency treatments only (click here to be directed to the NHS website for information). On my YouTube channel I've shared my favourite beauty bits which I've brought during lock down that are easy to buy and affordable. One of the items included is a pack of 3 bamboo toothbrushes and it got me thinking that I should share inexpensive ways of looking after your teeth. So here are my top 5 inexpensive ways to look after your teeth. 
1. Colgate Sensitive Pro-Relief Toothpaste 
*This product was gifted by Colgate, but all views are my own* If you have sensitive teeth like I do then I would recommend trying Colgate Sensitive Pro-Relief toothpaste. 
In the Summer time I can't resist a delicious fruity mock tail or sugary fizzy drink but too many can cause my teeth to ache. I struggle to drink anything. The dentist recommended that I should limit my acidic drink intake as they can dissolve minerals in tooth enamel causing cavities and enamel erosion. They recommended that I should use Colgate Sensitive Pro-Relief which has provided me with instant pain relief.
 You can either brush your teeth normally twice a day or you can apply the paste directly onto the sensitive area and massage gently for 1 minute. The Pro-Relief works by plugging the channels that lead to the sensitive tooth nerve. The toothpaste builds up a protective barrier on your teeth which acts like a seal so it doesn't cause you any discomfort. I have been using this toothpaste twice a day for 2 weeks and I have noticed a huge difference in how my teeth look and feel. My teeth feel stronger, less sensitive and my gums look more healthy too. Sensitive teeth may be caused by an under lying problem so please go and see your dentist if the pain is persistent. I find that with sensitive teeth there isn't a alternative toothpaste that has worked as well as Colgate Sensitive Pro Relief. I like the holographic box that it comes in. It's clear, modern and bold. The toothpaste contains 75ml which is a great size to pop into your hand bag if you struggle with sensitive teeth and need relief during the day. 
2. Brush and Floss 
Brushing your teeth twice a day and flossing can keep your mouth clean and sparkling. 
3. Cut Down On Sugar 
We all love a sugary treat but sugar unfortunately causes tooth decay and cavities. Cutting down on sugar can decrease your risk of gum disease. 
4. Hydrate
Drinking plenty of water helps your teeth as it washes away cavity causing bacteria from left over food. Water also helps to prevent a dry mouth. 
5. Coconut Oil Mouth Wash
You can use it as a hair mask, conditioner, make up remover, moisturiser, highlighter and also as a mouth wash. Coconut oil can reduce plaque, tooth decay and fight gum disease. Take a table spoon of coconut oil in your mouth and swish it around your teeth for 10 minutes, then brush and floss as normal.
Bunny Hugs, 
Hayley xxx

Post a Comment